Try to answer the following questions without looking through the Era Summary, the Era's Special Event's timeline, or the overall timeline found under the "Fast Facts" heading. If you do get stuck, however, the answers can be found within the site, or by clicking the "show answer" link under each question.
Have fun and good luck!
- In 1897, why did then Governor Sir Herbert H. Murray refuse to attend the Regatta?
- What was the record time set by the Outer Cove crew in 1901? How long did the record stand?
- What does The Royal St. John's Regatta and the Royal Newfoundland Regiment have in common (other than being designated "Royal")?
- What year were the races first broadcast?
- During this era, what years was the Regatta not held? Why?
- What was the tragedy that struck in 1919 following the war?
- What year was women's racing added to the programme of events?