The information is laid out in easy-to-access point form as well as a more detailed narrative form. It looks at the history, the rules, the layout of the course, interesting stories and the overall cultural significance of the Regatta.
There are four main topics for the site.
- "Sound & Images" is one of the more interesting items on the site. It contains a variety of audio clips, video streams, and an image slideshow.
- "Fast Facts" looks at general topics, such as the racing shells, the course layout, the heraldry of the coat of arms, trophies and an overall timeline of the Regatta.
- "Eras" breaks the history down into manageable sections to be looked at in greater detail with a summary, a timeline of events for that particular era, championship race winners and trivia on each era.
- "Culture" looks at items not directly related to the races and items that have a history of their own, such as concessions, the impact of women on the history of the Regatta, the various traditions of the Regatta, and songs and poems about the Regatta.
- "Games" includes a word search, trivia, and an animated Greasy Pig game.
For a list of all pages on this sites, please see the Sitemap.
Please keep in mind this is an overall history of the Royal St. John's Regatta from 1818 to 2003. This is a great resource or a guide to understanding how important the Regatta is in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Have fun, talke a look around and enjoy the site… you may find out something you never knew before.